Sunday, March 13, 2011

Font Fever Challenge @ Gotta Pixel

Now that my course is complete, I'm back doing the challenges at Gotta Pixel. This one is for Font Fever. Here's my layout for this challenge using CK Mama.

Here's the journalling:
It's truly amazing how fast children learn new things. While I was working at my computer one day, Ava became interested in the calculator. I showed her how to turn it on and off and showed her when the numbers appeared in the display. Before long she was sitting there pushing buttons and showing me her work. It seems her favourite number is 5 because when I hit a different number she said "no, this one", and pointed to the 5 key again. Once the display area on the calculator was filled with 5's, I suggested she hit the off key. She looked amazed when they all disappeared and I couldn't help myself from exclaiming, "It's magic, Ava. You made the numbers disappear." She was thrilled with herself and must have spent 10 minutes just pushing buttons and counting to herself. I can still hear her saying, "5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14". Apparently she doesn't like the number 13 because she skips it every time. Oh, and 14 seems to be as high as she can go, but that's great for a 2-year old!




Kit:
Happy Go Lucky by Sherry Ferguson

No comments: