Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Paris -- Ooo La La!

This wonderful city was everything I imagined and more! It was quite an experience for one day.

Journalling reads:
The city of lights is truly a sight to behold. We started the day at 3:30 am. We were booked on the Eurostar train leaving St. Pancras station at 5:35 am. arriving in Paris at 9:15 am. Our first stop was McDonalds, across from the Gare du Nord for coffee and a muffin. Next we boarded the L'Open bus, a hop-on / hop-off tour to see the sights. Because I don't walk easily that suited me just fine. We saw The Louvre, Notre Dame, Arc de-Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower, places I had only dreamed about. Lunch was a quiche for Kirsten and a croissant for me, eaten on a park bench by the Seine.. Following lunch, we took a cruise on the river. I was so happy I couldn't tell the left bank from the right bank, they were both beautiful.  Just to be in Paris was enough. Next time I see Paris in the movie theatre I will remember the sights, sounds, smells and crazy traffic. At 7:15 pm, the Eurostar left Paris to return to London. I will never forget spending the day in Paris with Kirsten.

No comments: