Sunday, October 4, 2009

A new month and new challenges to be done...

Elemental Scraps has started October with a great new line-up of challenges for the month. I love that they do a calendar so you at least have some idea of what's coming up, especially the speed scraps. I tend to see those "after-the-fact" and miss out. You can see all of the upcoming challenges here. So far, there has been an All About Me challenge, a Scraplift challenge and a Font challenge. Of course, I've completed a LO for all three and will post them below.

All About Me Challenge


I used paper from It's Owl Good by Bella Gypsy, Starcastic Alpha by Connie Prince, fonts are Zennor LET, VTPortable Remington, and Rockwell. There were two requirements: it had to show "what can't you do without each day" and, we had to use circles in the LO.

Scraplift Challenge



The background paper is from Chill Factor by Bella Gypsy, the ribbon tabs are by Lucky Smith. The picture is of Owen and is faded into the background paper and then just his sweet little face is used in four circles using a 'bubble' style. I 'lifted' the layout from one created by michellewaite1. I think Michelle did a much better job on the small, circular photos as she was able to give them a "Andy Warhol-type look" and I haven't figured that out, YET!

Font Challenge


The font I used is Susie's Hand. Isn't it a beautiful font for journalling? The paper, stars and buttons are from Mayhem by Bella Gypsy and the frames are from Starcastic by Connie Prince. It's really my Dad and a buddy in these pictures and they were taken way back in 1943 or so, even before I was born!

Right now, I'm just sitting here waiting for the next challenge to be posted, checking the forum every 10 minutes!

No comments: