Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why I haven't been posting for a couple of weeks!

I was given a beautiful gift by my daughter, Tiffany, for my 60th birthday. She took me to Las Vegas for mini-vacation. The gift was given back in August, but the trip didn't take place until just this past week. We were away from Oct 15th to 18th. There was yet another surprise instore for me once we were in Vegas! My other daughter, Kirsten, made an 11-hour flight from London, UK to share this great mini-vacation with us. It seems the girls have been planning this surprise, and it was a surprise, since May. I couldn't keep pace with you girls when you were 2 and 3 and we went shopping. Guess what -- I still can't keep up, but I had a fabulous time just being with you both. Thank you so much for wanting to spend time with your old Mom. I love you for it!

Here are a couple of pages I've made so far, both for challenges, of course, at Elemental Scraps. I'm trying to catch up so I can earn as many points as possible, then I can go shopping again!

First up is It's All About Me challenge. We were tasked to use our favourite colour and, lately, mine has been this deep, rich red.



This page uses a template by Bella Gypsy from their Sketchology Parenthetical Aside set. The papers and elements are from Life Is a Beautiful Thing by Connie Prince.

Next is a What's the Word? challenge. Well, the word is 'home' and I used it twice! Here's the page.



If you want to see the world, just go to Vegas! The paper is from Dr. Octopus by Connie Prince and the upper word 'home' is from the Shades of Bliss Alpha by Meredith Cardall. The lower word 'home' is in the Porcelain font.

No comments: