Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ava and the Ice Cream!

Bless her little heart! Phil and I took the kiddos to Chuck E. Cheese's a couple of days ago. For dessert, we used the vending machine and got an ice cream bar. Well, Phil bit into the ice cream bar and said, "This is rock hard and tastes a little funny." Jack decided he wanted one too, so I went to buy another one. As I'm returning to our table, I see the best before date is already a month overdue! So, being older and wiser, I showed a man, presumed to be the manager there, the box with the date Feb 05 2010 and asked if he had anything fresher in the freezer in the back. While he's gone looking, Phil puts down the ice cream bar and stops eating it and sharing it with Ava. Okay, here's the problem.....try explaining to a 16-month old child why she can't eat the ice cream bar just laying on the plate looking perfect to the naked-eye. Yeah, doesn't work, does it? Out came the pout, then the tears, then the loud cries.....from a child who hardly ever has anything but a smile on her face. What does Grandma say, "I hope that guy doesn't come back with a new ice cream bar until I dig out my camer and take a couple of pictures."! I hope all you scrappers are proud of me for thinking scrapping first, child second.! Here's the page I created for Ava and will proudly show all her boyfriends when she's older.....

Kit:
Skirts & Dirt Collaboration by ValerieN Designs and Litabells

1 comment:

Crystal said...

lol...great story! Glad to see it all worked out and that they had some 'fresh' ice cream in the back :) She sure looks a lot like you!