Monday, May 16, 2011

Final Challenge for ADSR6 - 2011

This time I'm sure. Challenge 15 is the final challenge and it was a lovely one. Here's my layout.


Journalling reads:


It has been said that, as we grow older, making friends becomes more difficult. I disagree with that because I have found many friends within the digi-scrapping communities I visit daily. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do, after making a pot of coffee, is to sit down at my computer and really enjoy my morning coffee with people I know who share the same interests and priorities as myself. Within 15 minutes, I can find out if someone I know has had a baby, if their child(ren) are ill, or if they're spouse hasn't been paying enough attention to them or taking them for granted. Conversely, I can also read about my friends' successes within their lives: have they won special recognition for a particular achievement, did they have an absolutely perfect day yesterday, or, even share with them the joy of planning a celebration of any sort. My friends want to share and they invite me to share their happiness, too!


At a time in my life when I lived hundreds of miles away from my family and friends, I discovered online crafting communities. I lurked about for a while, read their posts and finally found the courage to introduce myself. I was made to feel like a long-lost friend and welcomed into their online home as if I was the most important person in the world. These wonderful people accepted me into their community and made me welcome. I had always believed that I was not creative. I was soon divested of that idea! Because of the praise and encouragement from my virtual family, I now have a hobby that brings joy and satisfaction to me and my real-life family. Because I have found passion in preserving life's moments in digital scrapbooking, I will be leaving a legacy for my children, grandchildren and maybe even great-grandchildren and through my pages, they will know that they are loved. None of this would have happened without the caring, kindness and encouragement of my online family of digi-scrappers and card-makers and I thank them from the bottom of my heart. You're the best!

No comments: